Sound for a Bar and Grill

Methost

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
My brother has tasked me with installing the audio system in his bar. I am looking at about 4 different zones with individual volume needs. I only have two input needs. One from the TV and one from the Jukebox / Receiver.

I am looking at a 70v system but am a little confused on the equipment needed. I see systems designed for background music for restaurants but I think the atmosphere here calls for a little more than that. Yet still not club level music.

Can anyone make a suggestions on where to start?

Solution
I would use 4 Sonos Connects or ConnectAmps (depends on the power requirements for the zone). The Connect Amp has about 60watts x 2 and can drive 4 speakers. Should be fine in areas that you don't want party volumes. If you want more volume in a zone you use a Connect with an appropriate power amp and speakers
You connect the TV and Jukebox to two of them. They are now available on all four. Controlled by the app each zone can play the same or different content at whatever volume you want. You also have the ability to use streaming music services and play music files too.
I would use JBL Control speakers but you can use any brand you like.
All of this depends on how important the sound is to the venue and how much is in the budget for...
I would use 4 Sonos Connects or ConnectAmps (depends on the power requirements for the zone). The Connect Amp has about 60watts x 2 and can drive 4 speakers. Should be fine in areas that you don't want party volumes. If you want more volume in a zone you use a Connect with an appropriate power amp and speakers
You connect the TV and Jukebox to two of them. They are now available on all four. Controlled by the app each zone can play the same or different content at whatever volume you want. You also have the ability to use streaming music services and play music files too.
I would use JBL Control speakers but you can use any brand you like.
All of this depends on how important the sound is to the venue and how much is in the budget for it.
If the budget were small you could use one of these
https://www.hdtvsupply.com/sb-5544.html
with 4 stereo receivers plus speakers. Would be more of a pain to control but it would work.

Solution