Solved! Sound Problems connecting optical lead from 4k LG tv to Harman Kardon AVR 7000 amp

Apr 14, 2019
I have a 4k LG curved TV model no 55c6v & have connected the optical output to my Harman amp optical output ....I just cannot get a sound out of my headphones without sound issues ...Noise , buzzing increasing volume etc ...It can work fine for hrs then next day problems again ..the TV set up that I have selected is LG audio out ( optical / HDMI ARC ) & Dolby digital ...Amp setting ...using optical 2 ...& digital Select optical source 2 & source VID2 ..it says PCM on front of amp ...Were am I going wrong ? I am sick & tired of trying to get this right and would very much appreciate some help ....Using standard JVC headphones

Solution
Your problem isn't the way you connected the TV and receiver. That would just not work at all. It wouldn't come and go or cause noises.
Check the headphones on your phone or another system.
I suspect the AVR may have an issue.
If the headphone amp in the AVR has a problem that would not affect the speakers. If the speakers have the same problem then it would be another part of the receiver.
Your problem isn't the way you connected the TV and receiver. That would just not work at all. It wouldn't come and go or cause noises.
Check the headphones on your phone or another system.
I suspect the AVR may have an issue.
If the headphone amp in the AVR has a problem that would not affect the speakers. If the speakers have the same problem then it would be another part of the receiver.

Solution
Apr 14, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to reply . I Suspected the amp may have been the problem . I connected another brand new TV and still had the problem , so its not the tV ....I have tried other headphones as well - still have the problem . Looks like i will have to take the amp in for repair .

Thank you David