Solved! PC to TV with optical to AV - only stereo, no 5.1

Jan 2, 2019
I upgraded my tv to a 4k Samsung NU7100, unfortunately, my receiver (harman kardon 1600 i think) only supports 1080p. I ended up doing PC->TV with HDMI for video and TV optical out->receiver for sound, however, there is only stereo sound, no 5.1

The digital output audio option on the TV is set to PCM and I can't choose Dolby or Dolby+

Are there any solutions other than buying a new receiver?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Audio 2
J Audio 1
Not_techy Audio 1
J Audio 1
B Audio 4
philanthropic1989 Audio 1
G Audio 12
T Audio 1
King Mustard Audio 1
T Audio 1
P Audio 1
T Audio 7
N Audio 1
C Audio 6
K Audio 6
T Audio 1
A Audio 40
A Audio 1
T Audio 5
P Audio 7
Similar threads
Question LG Digital Optical Audio to RCA audio issues
Solved! Which is better? Converting from HDMI or optical to RCA. Does it matter?
Question Vizio sound bar stopped recognizing digital optic cable
Solved! How to get my lg magic remote to control my sony stereo receiver connected through optical cable
Solved! TV Optical Audio Knocks Out Stereo Receiver
What happens to a surround signal passed to a stereo soundbar over HDMI ARC and Optical?
windows 10 -> TV -> amplifier, no 5.1, only stereo
Digital optical to analog converter ps4 stereo
Connected PC to AV receiver via. optical, only stereo available
Sony TV optical audio/headphone out to new LG Stereo, Analog in only
Motherobard sound output, optical or 3.5 mm stereo?
I have the LG lf6000 TV and I have an optical out port but need to connect older stereo receiver with two tower speakers to it
Can I add an optical digital input to my old stereo ? The cd changer that originally came with system came equipped with an ou
how do i connect my new LG TV to my old Technics stereo. the TV has optical digital audio out and the stereo has red and white
Asus X58 optical sound output - stereo only?
how to connect analog audio input to stereo amplifier to optical output of Panasonic TC-L32C12 TV?
How do I connect my new LG TV to my old Technics stereo? The TV has optical digital audio out and the stereo has RCA input.
how do i connect my new LG TV to my old Technics stereo. the TV has optical digital audio out and the stereo has red and white
SPDIF (optical) support 5.1?
Connecting Audio from PC to Stereo via Optical

ASK THE COMMUNITY