Sound System Through Monitor? Wireless?

tpat30

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
Hello,

Is there any difference between plugging a sound system into a monitor rather than the computer(sound doesn't work)? And if there is any difference is it worth getting a sound system for around $150 (Klipsch ProMedia 2.1) that I will plug into my monitor?

Sound system only works if I'm plugged into the headphone jack though, which probably isn't good.

If you guys confirm that this isn't a good idea, then can you recommend any wireless speakers for PC gaming and music? I know there are some bluetooth compact disc players that will connect to my PC, or would you recommend a sounds system with speakers only?

Thank you.

tpat30

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
My sound only works if I plug the green audio button on the speaker system into the monitor's headphone jack.

There's been a reoccurring issue with HP's Enve Phoenix where all sound is "not plugged in" and won't work from the CPU. Only get sound from monitor.

And yes I connect my monitor to PC through HDMI.

tpat30

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
The monitor will play sound. But I've been wanting a speaker system for gaming and music. The only way that works is if I plug the speakers through the headphone jack.

I wanted to know if that could end up damaging my monitor?

Speakers will work if they're connected through Bluetooth, so I was wondering if there were any good Bluetooth speakers maybe 2.1, for around $100-$150.

TRENDING THREADS