sound through hdmi video through vga

sanity23

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
i dont want video through my tv because the video goes out so i have hdmi hooked up to it but i have vga hooked to another screen that does not have sound (at all) it's an old monitor flat screen. i want to show only video from vga and sound from hdmi but when i show only vga monitor in screen resolution it turns sound off as well. the problem is that it worked before the power went off (power lines fyi) but sense then it's not working i just want sound only on my hdmi

i have no other means to hook up sound nor money to fix (also i want no other alternative other than the sound from hdmi only
no video cause it's making all full screens in games and other programs not work in full screen it goes out of it and wont go into full screen to windowed makes it run slower or does not run program at all says theres an error

my specs are
acer aspire 7551
amd phenom II quad core 2.20
4 GB of ram
ati mobility radeon hd 4200 series

and yes it's a laptop and no im not buying a new one when i have had this one working properly yes im a computer tech but i cant clearly fix all pc's

this is a software problem not a hardware problem im not buying a cord im not buying anything to fix i just need a fix other than buying stuff there is a way i just need it again

(for all u first readers noone has still solved this problem when they do ill edit this and submit it here as if i told the answer but they will get the credit)

sanity23

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
oh ur saying if it has a vga option on the tv it has a audio port.......... With a cord it would allow me to put it on pc channel and it play only sound that would work if i had a vga on this tv or an audio port rga audio or any other option other than coax or hdmi or s video

i would do that but it's still going to have to be another way