Soundbar on sale or pc speakers for pc audio

roogac

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
Hi!

I am having a trouble chosing the right solution for pc audio. I was looking at pc 2.1 speakers and recently stumbled upon some great deal at my local store that is only aviable this weekend(16.10.-19.10.)

Sony HT-CT180 soundbar is on massive sale only this weekend at local shop that i can get another total discount for last price of 126$ USD.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-HT-CT180-Sound-Wireless-Subwoofer/dp/B00U1DW7BG

Comparing option was Logitech Z623 speakers for 210$(my price).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-2-1-Speaker-System-Z623/dp/B00413BI7Q

Logitech speakers are more powerfull and are generaly made for pc, while soundbar is mostly for tv use.

If the soundbar wasn't on sale it would be more expensive than z623 but considering the price for Sony is there maybe better option than it. I am looking at the prices and functions and can't really decide if the soundbar is good option, but with the discount i can get at that store it is 50% cheaper than official sony distributer in my country.

Please help.

Solution
I didn't look too hard at what mounting options were available for the sound bar. If you can wall mount above your monitor it might be OK. It just seems like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole because the square peg was cheaper.....

kanewolf

Judicious
Do you have 36 inches on your desk you can dedicate to the sound bar? With the sound bar on the desktop, your keyboard and hands will be more in line with the speakers than your head will be.

I see two benefits from the Logitech -- Smaller footprint for the satellite speakers and higher elevation above the desk surface to provide a clear path to your ears.

roogac

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015

But what about the price difference, would it then be a great option to mount the soundbar on the wall just a little above my head?

kanewolf

Judicious
I didn't look too hard at what mounting options were available for the sound bar. If you can wall mount above your monitor it might be OK. It just seems like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole because the square peg was cheaper.....

Solution

roogac

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015

well that is great argument. thanks for advice, another functionality is bluetooth so the soundbar would then have more functionality when i plug my phone, that is just that it seems like more functional option. It isn't about price that much because i was already considering the z623 as the way to go. This is just something i stumbled upon today when shopping for xbox accessories and it seemed like a must go deal.

roogac

Estimable
Sep 17, 2015
Just bought the soundbar and i am very pleased for the money. Bass is deep and sound of the soundbar is crisp, i wasn't expecting this quality to be honest, placed above the monitor and sound fine and powerfull. No distortion at max volume, but the drivers in the soundbar could be bigger, this sounds weak when listening to music, but for games and movies, couldn't recommend it more.