space suddenly filled my C drive

la0michael

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
My Hard drive disk is full. When only Days ago it had enough space to sit yacht in between the end of the bar and the space i'd used already. I have tried deleting system restore points, deleting everything but necessary files. There is 0 space left, so i can't download a space search engine, nor can i run a scan on my hard drive for viruses. Can anyone help me with this?

That it is full makes me very suspicious of it being either a virus or malware. Drives don't just fill up like that.

If this is the case, and you can't get on it to do anything, you may well have to wipe the drive and start over. I hate to say that as losing all your stuff is so not fun, but it may come to that.

If you have a thumb drive or more than one, that you can copy your personal photos, videos, and the like over to. The stuff you can't just replace, then I would reset the whole thing.

la0michael

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016

Thank you for your response! I was able to forcefully delete some space and download treesize,.
And it led me on a goose chase! It at first said that it was the pagefile sys once i deactivated that and looked again it was a browser safer virus. i was able to succesfully delete it

Wayne_38

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
no it has no product key. As for the drive size I was just trying to see what these mini computers were like. If it fills up and there is no space , I may just wipe it out and switch to cloudready, like I have done with my old laptop.