Speaker choice problem

Aug 21, 2018
I am trying to find a speaker that will be used to listen to music, dj on and use for party's (djing at the party of course). I was going to get a JBL EON615 but fear i don't need this power for my house. I need a speaker set that will prove good bass that can be felt, with the ability to perform at a good quality of sound at higher power outputs. Can someone please help me as to what type of speakers i should chose and if pa systems is not a great idea for household use. For those needing a budget max out at £350-400

Gam3r01

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from phill.radovich : "Speaker problem for my house"

You do need a PA speaker like the JBLs for your parties. A regular music listening speaker won't play loud enough long enough to work. You would damage it.
Problem is PA speakers are not good sounding (with some very very very expensive exceptions) so if you could get two different pairs of speakers that would be the best solution. Used speakers might be an option.

Aug 21, 2018

what do you mean get two different pairs of speakers? get a pa system and the studio monitors or a general hi-fi system together?

Use a general hifi system with the PA speakers when you need them and with music speakers when you want to actually listen to music. You don't need studio monitors. Good home speakers are better in almost all cases. You can get a speaker selector if you want to wire both pair to the system all the time.