Ostogiske

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
ey folks i want to upgrade my sound for my pc currently i have the logitech x540 but they are not good enough anymore i have a focusrite 2i2 1st gen sound card and i want to pair some with it im looking at a pair of Mission LX-2 or Q Acoustics 3020 or something to a budget of 300€, but i dont know if that soundcard can handle them anyone can help me? :D
ps: i also have a FiOO e10k for my headphones

Solution
for easier to power speakers the dta-120 is nice. we use it with some old hk forty booksheves. for anything harder to power you're better off with a stereo receiver honestly as amp prices generally leap from cheap to crazy prices with very little in between.
for starters the 2i2 is not a soundcard. it is an audio interface. similar function though.

the 2i2 would need powered speakers (speakers that have their own amplifier built in) or an amplifier if using passives.

neither the lx2 nor 3020 would work right out the back of the 2i2. if you plan on using them you would need to invest in an amplifier.

good powered speakers? mackie cr3 / cr4, maudio av32/av42, swan m10 / m50 and similar.

tldr; if you wanted to use those speakers you would need a speaker amplifier (not your e10k) in between the 2i2 and passive speakers. if you want something plug and play then using powered speakers instead would be advisable.

Verndewdimus

Commendable
Oct 29, 2016
sd is correct. you need powered monitors, another thing to consider is there is no equalization on monitors so it may sound different than youre used to depending on the response curve. Thats why when you mix in the studio you test on every available set of speakers because they all sound different.

Ostogiske

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
oh didnt realize that they aint active
those youve recommended are a little bit low lvl aint they?
im looking atm at some JBL LSR305, Presonus Eris 5 or the Yamaha HS7
watcha think about these? :)

i've heard good things about the hs7. also about the rokkit's i didnt mention.

perhaps what i mentioned was a bit cheap, but prices in europe tend to be 20-40% more so i was being safe.

you could use passive speakers as well if you use an amplifier. you might like that more depending on your taste in speakers and if you wanted to run an eq or similar.

Ostogiske

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
i actually like the jbl 305s but as i see there is a problem if i whant to add a subwoofer in the future and we are getting back to the passive ones
are there any normal amps that dont blow my budget in the stratosphere? :D

for easier to power speakers the dta-120 is nice. we use it with some old hk forty booksheves. for anything harder to power you're better off with a stereo receiver honestly as amp prices generally leap from cheap to crazy prices with very little in between.

Solution

Ostogiske

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
hmm that aint bad
but :D if i would sell my focusrite and fioo i could raise my budget, is there a way to get a amp that could handle 250ohm beyerdynamics and a superlux cm-h8b microphone plus those Q Acoustics 3020? :))