Chitoge

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
Hello

I was looking for a cheap speakerset (about €50-60) to hook up to my TV (Samsung UE40KU6100)
I don't want to spend a fortune on a bunch of speakers, so i had those ones in my mind:
Creative A550 5.1
Logitech Z333 2.1
Trust Atlas 2.1 speakerset
(Or does anyone know another good set in this price range?)

I know they won't produce super well, but i only have this much budget.
I like surround sound, but I don't know if i should go for a 5.1 or a 2.1 set.
Also, if I buy a 2.1 speakerset, can I upgrade them to 5.1 later?
What do you guys reccomend me?

Thank you!

Solution
You can't use the 5.1 channel system with the TV since it needs an analog 5.1 input and the TV only has a 2.0 channel output. You could buy an adapter for the optical audio output but that would take you out of your price range.
Check that the analog audio output on the TV is controlled by the TV remote. If it is a fixed output you will not be able to control the volume via remote unless the speaker has it's own. A soundbar in your price range might be in order if so.
You can't use the 5.1 channel system with the TV since it needs an analog 5.1 input and the TV only has a 2.0 channel output. You could buy an adapter for the optical audio output but that would take you out of your price range.
Check that the analog audio output on the TV is controlled by the TV remote. If it is a fixed output you will not be able to control the volume via remote unless the speaker has it's own. A soundbar in your price range might be in order if so.

Solution

Chitoge

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
Thank you for your fast response!

A soundbar might be an option then, but wouldn't it be better to go for a 2.1 set?
I was looking at the Trust GXT 38 2.1 wich i can buy on amazon for about 60 euro.
Are they worth it? and also can I upgrade them to 5.1 later on when i have the money?
Thanks!