Speakers Popping sound....turns off my USB audio interface

Stefan Petrovic

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
Hey guys, i have a problem in my apartment regarding electricity....i have ur22 audio interface and some cheap 2.1 speakers (I am in a process of buying new speakers but cant until i resolve this issue...) Almost every time someone turns OFF! lights in the next room my speakers make a "POP" sound....now it didint bother me before i just lower volume on them and sound is almost non existant but a month or so ago, instead of popping, the sound from my pc would change output from my audio intefrace to my monitor (it has some trash integrated speakers) just for a sec or 2 and than change back to audio interface...now this even happens sometimes when someone rings a bell on my front door...i deduced that turning off an AC device (refrigerator, heater, door bell) causes some kind of electrical inbalance (im a complete noob when it comes to electricity) but i cant reproduce it....i can sometimes simulate speaker pop by turning on/off lights but that thing when my output device changes i cant...on my old pc sometimes my pc would turn off and start again when refrigerator turns off but i solved it with a high quality PSU on my new pc...my question is: Is this problem when my sound device changes from usb ai to monitor caused buy my speakers not being able to deal with this voltage inbalance or is it somehow coming through my psu->mobo to my audio inteface and is there any way to solve this problem?
I think its the first one because speakers are directly connected to the wall and if its coming through pc i think some other device would also be affected or would have died because this thing is happening for a long time now and everything im my pc works perfectly....

Any ideas???

Stefan Petrovic

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
I have surge protector and my pc, speakers, router monitor and phone charger are pluged in...new thing...im watching a movie in PotPlayer on my headphones connected to usb sound card and i unplugged speakers from it, they are only pugged in the surge protector, no sound input (so they have no connection to the computer) and when i turn them off potplayer stops reproducing sound and i have to restart it for it to have sound again....