Speakers without Amp. What to do??

zmumtaz80

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
Hi,

I went to a car boot sales and bought speakers with a subwoofer, not realizing that i also need an amp or player to power it. After googling i realize that my options are to go for for an Amplifier with 5.0 channels bug i am confused about the specifications. So i need you to help me out with the best possible solution to have it work.

I have

Panasonic subwoofer (Quantity 1)
Model: SB-HW560
Impedance: 6☊
Input Power: 250W (Max)

Panasonic Speaker (Quantity 2)
Model: SB-PM02
Impedance: 6☊
Input Power: Nothing mentioned

LG small speakers (Quantity 4)
Model: SH33SD-S
Impedence: 4☊
Input Power: 90W (Program)

So please help me out what i should buy to have this works properly. Please give me economical solution because i dont want to spend a lot of money as i already paid 80 GBP for these and i saw that i can buy full new set in about 100+ GBP.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
If your plan was to connect these speakers to your PC with 5.1 channel analog audio output you will need amps as jsmithpa suggests.
If you plan was to use these speakers for home theater then you will need a surround sound receiver plus an additional subwoofer amplifier. AV receivers assume you have a self powered sub.
Home theater in a box systems usually have all the amps in the main unit. Your speakers come from one of those.
I don't think you can do either for 20 quid.
If your plan was to connect these speakers to your PC with 5.1 channel analog audio output you will need amps as jsmithpa suggests.
If you plan was to use these speakers for home theater then you will need a surround sound receiver plus an additional subwoofer amplifier. AV receivers assume you have a self powered sub.
Home theater in a box systems usually have all the amps in the main unit. Your speakers come from one of those.
I don't think you can do either for 20 quid.

Solution