Spielberg Wants To Make Halo Movie from Novels

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
Spielberg on HALO? Definetly yes. Spielberg is probably better than anyone I can think of right now. And then just get the movie done!!! Even the short story animation was very good.

swamprat

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Fingers crossed it ends up like RvB, that was quite funny (or is, despite it being funny I lost track and gave up, so no idea if it's still going)

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
It's about time a real director with some credability decided to make a movie based on a game. I'm not really a Halo fan, but if Spielberg picks it up, I'd watch it. The guy is all aces in my book.

Unlike some other director out there. Uwe Boll, no offense, but you have really hurt the perception that a game can be into a good quality movie. Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead, Resident Evil, etc.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]cscott_it[/nom]It's about time a real director with some credability decided to make a movie based on a game. I'm not really a Halo fan, but if Spielberg picks it up, I'd watch it. The guy is all aces in my book.Unlike some other director out there. Uwe Boll, no offense, but you have really hurt the perception that a game can be into a good quality movie. Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead, Resident Evil, etc.[/citation]

Indeed, Spielberg can make anything good. The dudes never made a bad movie. Ive never been the biggest halo fan (havent played it since halo 2 on pc), but I am a super fan of futuristic warfare with aliens. I fmicrosoft doesnt hand over the rights theyre gonna hear it.

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]r3t4rd[/nom]Spielberg on HALO? Definetly yes. Spielberg is probably better than anyone I can think of right now. And then just get the movie done!!! Even the short story animation was very good.[/citation]
I hope John Williams does the music.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
One question, will the choice of the actor matter?
Master Chief is the only hero we know who does not show his face.

bamslang

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Indeed, Spielberg can make anything good. The dudes never made a bad movie. [/citation]

Obviously you've never seen Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Though I would love for Spielberg. Cameron wouldn't be bad either considering he too gets an unlimited budget. Only problem is if he did it, it would be 4 hours long.

kresso

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]bamslang[/nom]Obviously you've never seen Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.[/citation]
I liked the Crystal Skull, it seemed to be just was he was going for, a tribute to scifi B movies.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]bamslang[/nom]Obviously you've never seen Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Though I would love for Spielberg. Cameron wouldn't be bad either considering he too gets an unlimited budget. Only problem is if he did it, it would be 4 hours long.[/citation]

I wasn't a fan of Crystal skull either, but I did feel it was well directed, just not well written. I believe the script was approved by Lucas so...

As far as 4 hours long, I would think it would have to be if they were to tell the whole story up to the first game. The book starts when he was 6 and the game starts when he's like 42.

shaun_shaun

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
yes... Spielberg would be a gr8 ..I d also like to see someone like Spielberg.James Cameron or Christopher Nolan direct a CRYSIS movie !!!!

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Oh, no! Spielberg, your are such a stereotype. You just want to cache in on other people's success. Please, keep your dirty fingers off Halo. Go and make another soap opera about poor Jews horribly mistreated by Nazis, the housewives to have something to wine about.
Spielberg is such a lousy director! It's unbelievable!
The only director I currently trust to make a descent SciFi is Neill Blomkamp. He achieved so much with so little. It is unreal!

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Spielberg on HALO? Definetly yes. Spielberg is probably better than anyone I can think of right now. And then just get the movie done!!! Even the short story animation was very good.

i would say James Cameron...Aliens, Terminator, Avatar....I would choose him over Speilberg

Status
Not open for further replies.