Spilled a tiny bit of water on my HP laptop

Rokatsu

Estimable
Feb 2, 2016
It still turns on but won't go past the HP screen for now. It didn't shut off when the incident first happened however it did show a static screen at the time that was really colorful, similar to the static screen on a TV. The static screen hasn't happened since. I've turned it off and pulled out the battery and left it hanging upside down with the lid pulled away on the counter for about 24 hours now... I tried to open it up but none of the screwdrivers we have will work with the extremely tiny screws. So until then its stuck like this. I'm wondering what this means. Will my laptop be okay or is something fried? It wasn't a whole lot of water just a little bit on the keyboard.

Solution
Most likely then you have shorted a portion of the keyboard out and will have to replace it.
The keyboard might be failing the POST test, hence the system not starting up beyond the HP screen.

Petrossa

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Most likely then you have shorted a portion of the keyboard out and will have to replace it.
The keyboard might be failing the POST test, hence the system not starting up beyond the HP screen.

Solution

Rokatsu

Estimable
Feb 2, 2016
So it's just the keyboard then? If everything else is fine that's great. I'll try turning it on in a few days to see if things work... and if not I guess I'll take it in to a professional.