Spilled Juice on Lenovo U310 causes freeze and the screen to go "crazy" Help?

Crackass

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
So I spilled a little peach juice on my Lenovo U310 a while back. It actually wasn't a lot because I had a juice box and I thought it was empty so I squeezed it lightly and there magically came like 5-10 droplets of peach juice that fell on my laptop keyboard and screen. I don't remember when it happened but it was probably around a month ago. I did unplug it near immediately and turn it off after I transferred a file I was working on. I did wipe it as fast as possible when the spill happened. After it was off I took one of the air duster cans and sprayed the keys and some liquid did seep back out so I could wipe it. I left it off after that for about a day. From that time on till now it still occasionally messes up when I press certain keyboard keys at random times. I haven't got in-depth in investigating what happened but for now it seems to work perfectly fine using an external keyboard or an on-screen one. When it starts having it's "mess up time" it lasts through restarts and stuff for as long as I don't touch certain keys on the keyboard for about 10-20 minutes. When it messes up and you press a key to activate it the screen goes "crazy" by have black squares and rectangles covering some parts of the screen and then moving insanely random everywhere on the screen. Also when the mess up is activated the laptop is completely frozen. I just wanted to know if you guys think this is a keyboard problem that will be solved if I replace the keyboard or if I have to do something else to fix it. Thanks in advance!

Solution
Removing a keyboard is very easy compared the changing a head gasket on a car engine.... As long that the board beneath the keyboard didn't get exposed to the juice everything will be fine. In the long run if it has gotten underneath the keyboard you need have the machine serviced as the juice after it dries out will ruin the board.

Crackass

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014

I wish it was that easy to remove the keyboard. I have removed the back cover before but I'm too lazy too now cause it wasn't so very simple. Do you think it is the keyboard's problem? Cause if you look at how the keyboards are made there is like a flat piece under them so you would need to spill quite a lot for it to seep into the motherboard. I really only spilled if I estimate 7-8 droplets that were for most of the part split up. But if it is the keyboard since it is a keyboard key press that activates it why does the screen and computer get messed up and frozen? I really don't know I would just like your opinion on this. What do you think it is?

G

I helped a guy a week ago who's faulty keyboard caused his computer to crash and screen do weird things. Removing it solved the problem.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Removing a keyboard is very easy compared the changing a head gasket on a car engine.... As long that the board beneath the keyboard didn't get exposed to the juice everything will be fine. In the long run if it has gotten underneath the keyboard you need have the machine serviced as the juice after it dries out will ruin the board.

Solution