Solved! Spilled water on my keyboard now its keeps repeating num+

Jan 27, 2019
My laptop keyboard keeps repeating num+ after a spill and i cant log on to my laptop even with an external keyboard it still repeats num+

When you spill water on a computer you should immediately turn it off. Pull the battery, remove the power cord and anything else connected to it, dry off what you can, and then place it, open and with that stuff still removed, somewhere safe and dry to allow it to dry out for days. Yes, I did say days. The more liquid, the more days it will need to fully dry out.

Otherwise, trying to use it before it is completely dry could lead to having to replace something small (like the keyboard) to having to buy an entirely new device because it got fried.

So turn it off, follow the info above, and have patience. Oh and hope having turned it on, or kept it on, hasn't done any major damage.

When you spill water on a computer you should immediately turn it off. Pull the battery, remove the power cord and anything else connected to it, dry off what you can, and then place it, open and with that stuff still removed, somewhere safe and dry to allow it to dry out for days. Yes, I did say days. The more liquid, the more days it will need to fully dry out.

Otherwise, trying to use it before it is completely dry could lead to having to replace something small (like the keyboard) to having to buy an entirely new device because it got fried.

So turn it off, follow the info above, and have patience. Oh and hope having turned it on, or kept it on, hasn't done any major damage.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ony308 Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 2
HeyAshh1 Laptop Tech Support 1
Hyosungelena Laptop Tech Support 1
HelpISpilledWater Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3
G Laptop Tech Support 13
H Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 5
C Laptop Tech Support 2