Spilled water on my laptop

lcom_rahul

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
Hi Guys,
Water went into my screen accidentally and I guess inside keyboard also. I saw a big watermark on my screen and I immediately kept my laptop inside the rice for 48 hours and I took it out yesterday. It was working fine but still I can see watermark on my laptop. Is there any way to remove the watermark from my screen?

Solution
Depends on the laptop model. Click the following link to search for a screen that is compatible with your laptop. In general, it would be $50 - $100 unless it is a premium screen like the "DreamColor" screen used in specific HP Elitebooks, those are several hundred dollars, then again those laptop cost at least $2,600.

http://www.laptopscreen.com/

ChrisLouie

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
This will void your warranty, though it think getting water in it already does, but search on google on how to take apart the screen on your specific laptop. Then just wipe off the water and reinstall everything. Bam your done.

lcom_rahul

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014

Ok Thanks, I will check.

Do you have any idea about the cost of changing the display?

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished

You'll need to contact a service center for an exact quote, but expect $300-$500 minimum. It only goes up from there.

Depends on the laptop model. Click the following link to search for a screen that is compatible with your laptop. In general, it would be $50 - $100 unless it is a premium screen like the "DreamColor" screen used in specific HP Elitebooks, those are several hundred dollars, then again those laptop cost at least $2,600.

http://www.laptopscreen.com/

Solution

lcom_rahul

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014

Thanks its $55 for my laptop. Thats pretty good option to go for.

lcom_rahul

Estimable
Jul 2, 2014
Guys I am not sure that how long my laptop gonna work now. It is working fine now , but I am getting paranoid about the fact that water went under the keyboard and might damaged the circuits and I think my laptop wont run for too long. It is working fine BTW.