Spiltter for optical cable

GEOJO2

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
I have a LG 60LA 7400 smart TV (with no RCA inputs)and a LG 310 sound bar. The Soundbar is connected to the TV with an optical cable The problem is that I am trying to connect Sennhiser HCR 170 wireless headphones. Since I cannot hear well and my wife can, we want to be able to hear sound thru the sound bar and the headphones at the SAME TIME. LG tech said I have to connect the Soundbar and the tv thru an optical cable. What I need is a optical spillter (in and out optical) that also has a RCA analog or headphone jack to connect the headphone.

I have looking and cannot find this type of spiltter. If you know where I can locate one will you please send me the link URL or let me know some way to solve the problem.

Solution

The first link is is a one-in-two-out optical splitter. That would create the same optical signal to two devices. One of them is the sound bar the other is the digital to analog converter. So SPLIT the signal coming out of the TV and feed two devices.

GEOJO2

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Thanks kanewofe, It is well appreciated. The only links you gave was for 1 optical in and a AV RCA analog out.. The 1 optical in will not work without an optical out on the converter.

As I had posted I need a converter with a optical out from my TV, then into the converter box ***then a optical cable out to the soundbar with a analog RCA IN on the converter for the headphones.

kanewolf

Judicious

The first link is is a one-in-two-out optical splitter. That would create the same optical signal to two devices. One of them is the sound bar the other is the digital to analog converter. So SPLIT the signal coming out of the TV and feed two devices.

Solution

GEOJO2

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
J-Tech Digital JTDDBSW0301 Digital to Analog Audio Decoder with SPDIF/Toslink 3X1 Switch Support 5.1-Channel Audio
This is what I got and gave a feedback on amazon.

Just got this splitter today. For the last month I have been trying to get a quality sound. I have a LG smart TV and sound bar. My TV just has an spdif out and no analog out or any other outs except for the hdmi’s. I also have Sennheiser 170 wireless headphones. When I bought the headphones the object was to listen to Netflix and TV without losing the volume on the TV because my wife listens at the same times I do. On my TV when you use the headphones thru optical out (spdif) it cuts off of the speakers so you can only hear sound thru the headphones. I finally found a way around this by connecting to my satellite box. Now I go to watch Netflix and no sound!!!. Well the sound from Netflix comes thru my router. So now I bypass Netflix on my smart TV and use my DVD player that has a Netflix app on it and the sound comes in distorted. When I got the splitter (converter), hooked it up, and the sound comes in perfect. I am really very pleased. Now I can listen to the TV and Netflix thru my headphones and my wife can still hear the TV.