Spinrite Invalid OpCode

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY415

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Hi guys,

I burned spinrite to a cd and set BIOS to run it on startup.

I restarted and it began to run, but right away it tells me that there is a

Invalid Opcode at 0002 0127 0293 0073 0000 0000 B800 0141 those aren't the exact numbers as I did not write them down, but sometimes the numbers change. If this is important please let me know and i will record them next time and post.

After googling for solutions, the best one seemed to be to change the RAID settings. I looked for it on my BIOS, but I do not have any RAID settings to change. It seems as though hp dv7 laptops do not support RAID?

Can anyone give me any other solutions? It would be a great help.

Thanks

NY415

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
My hard drive has been acting up. I did a scan using 3rd party software called hard disk sentinel because my comp has been running very slowly. It told me

There are 146 bad sectors on the disk surface. The contents of these sectors were moved to the spare area.
Based on the number of remapping operations, the bad sectors may form continuous areas.
There are 2 weak sectors found on the disk surface. They may be remapped any time in the later use of the disk.
At this point, warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible, only if the health drops further.
It is recommended to examine the log of the disk regularly. All new problems found will be logged there.

It is recommended to backup immediately to prevent data loss.

I've done a chkdsk scan, and defragmented and all that, but it didn't help. After some research i found that Spinrite might be the solution? I'm just looking for anything that might save my comp

starzty

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
What brand computer are you running? Lenovo and PCDoctor have software which can also sometimes fix magnetic anomalies. I've never run into that issue with spin Have you tried a chkdsk /b with a WinPE disk to try to recover as many bad sectors as possible first?

starzty

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Looks like you need to install a hacked bios to get to it. I vote you use a different program for diagnostics.

Or recover the drive on another computer. Spinrite has a windows version if you can slip the malfunctioning drive in a caddy

Status
Not open for further replies.