Split screen HP dv9700

ccba1915

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
I have an HP Pavilion dv9700 that has a split screen with a mirror image. I see that there are others who have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution or did HP respond to anyone with a fix for this?
It will go away after rebooting several times, but then it re-appears. Any fixes, PLEASE!!

tiplatip

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012

I've the same laptop and since yesterday I've had the same split screen - usually a thin white, horizontal line in the middle of the screen; but is will interchange with multi-colored blocks replicated in the top and bottom halves of the screen.

I found some information about a BIOS upgrade that was not compatible with the system that has led to a 100% failure of the system without any resolve or avenue for repair. I find this hard to believe as it would irresponsible of HP; and, fraudulent - potential for a civil case.

I haven't found anything on the HP site about the issue but I'm going to scour it.

laorar7

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013

grhitesh

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014

I faced a similar problem today and got it SOLVED. Hence I am posting the steps I took to solve the issue for anyone who arrive here.

At first I searched on google for a solution to this but couldn't find any. I had purchased a HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC 5 days ago and made a NVIDIA graphics update 2 days ago. But today the HP assistant showed an exclamatory mark and that it has a "new BIOS update (PROBLEM)".
I think this is where the problem has started. I tried to update it but it got downloaded and on the last step where it has to install the update it failed. I tried again but without any success. My screen was working fine until I closed the lid, or I restarted my system I don't know, and then it got split into 4 mirrored screens.

Hence I looked for steps to "reset the BIOS (SOLUTION)". My system has Windows 8 hence I am posting the steps here, if you have other OS please look for steps to reset the BIOS.

1. Turn off your system
2. Press the "Windows Key (Besides the alt key) + B + Power Key" for 1-2 seconds and release.
3. This initiates the reset procedure for BIOS and after it is done it shows a "Continue Startup" button with a timer.
4. If you want to restart immediately press the "Continue Startup" button else it will restart itself after the timer runs out.
5. When it restarts it shows message about BIOS recovery. You just have to press Enter to continue.
6. This would be it!. Actually the screen fixes the moment you complete step 4. I hope the issue is solved for you too.

Vivek Srivatsava

Estimable
Aug 15, 2014
hey buddy, mine was new laptop ,hp pavilion p-seriesp-077tx,i too have same problem screen was splited into 4 parts...i kept update for bios ...suddenly into bcome 4 mni screen ..plz kindly help

cybraj

Estimable
Mar 1, 2015

I had done as you guided, but it gives One long beep and two short beeps and evrything stops then.. What could be the solution?? BTW i had my Screen split into 6 nos with small portion of 7th and 8th visible..

Sport123

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015
I have a HP Pavilion DV6000, probably 9 years old. Had mirror image problem. Corrected using the advice in step 1&2 from Grhitesh to power down then hit Windows Key + B + Power Key for 1-2 seconds. PC powered up, started to continuously double beep but with a black screen, nothing more seemed to happen. After I tired of about 30 seconds of this beeping and black screen, I hit power button again and turned PC off. Then tried same procedure a second time, same result. Powered down again. Third time I just hit power button by itself, and the PC powered up normally, screen problem fixed!

tommypc

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015
This is a RAM problem. Try reseating your RAM chips. If this does not work remove both sticks of RAM and replace
only one of them. If you still get the same problem change out the single stick of RAM with the other stick. Problem solved. Have a happy day!