Spotify Premium Audio

Drewski_U

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016
After building my first gaming computer and now listening to music I find that my Spotify premium music sounds like complete garbage to things like YouTube and SoundCloud. What is causing this? I don't hear the bad audio quilt in my car when listening to premium on my phone.

Solution
You see on the left hand side, under Digital Input there is coaxial 1+2 and optical 1+2? Optical is what you want and is specifically known as Toslink, it is a fibre optic cable that does digital audio. The cables are readily available.

You should have an output on your mobo for optical, check on the back for a hole that looks the same as the one I pointed out on your receiver. It is square with a nubbin on one side.

Drewski_U

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016

It is, also noticed the audio quality sounds perfectly fine while listening through headphones.

Andrew Murdoch

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
In that case sir I need some more information please. Is your sound from a dedicated card or your motherboard? Do you plug the headphones into a different audio processor than your speakers use?

Are you using HDMI or SPDIF?

i.e. you could have one source coming from the mobo (headphones) and the other (speakers) from the gpu.

Drewski_U

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016

My Motherboard is the Asus - ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard. My headphones (Hyper X revolver S) are plugged via USB directly into the motherboard. My Audio out is coming from my Headphone out from the front of my case (3.5mm to RCA adapter) into my receiver. But why is spotify the only source of bad audio quality? Im getting crystal clear audio from everything but Spotify.

Drewski_U

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016

Drewski_U
http://imgur.com/a/rYGcD This is a picture of the back of my receiver, currently I have the audio going to the front of my receiver. If you see any other options for me please let me know what I can do. Otherwise it might be time for an upgrade!

Andrew Murdoch

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
You see on the left hand side, under Digital Input there is coaxial 1+2 and optical 1+2? Optical is what you want and is specifically known as Toslink, it is a fibre optic cable that does digital audio. The cables are readily available.

You should have an output on your mobo for optical, check on the back for a hole that looks the same as the one I pointed out on your receiver. It is square with a nubbin on one side.

Solution

Drewski_U

Estimable
Jan 12, 2016

Thank you for the help I just went out and bought a toslink cable and WOW the audio upgrade for everything was quite substantial