Spots started appearing under LG phone screen and are getting worse

prickey2000

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
Two days after purchase, a few spots appeared under the screen of my husband's LG Stylo 3 Plus, then started multiplying. When I first saw it, I thought he had chosen a background that looked like rain. But the "raindrops" stayed even when he tried to look at photos or other things. I tried changing his display settings but they wouldn't go away. In fact, they were multiplying. We were within the 14 day return period so we took it back the the T-Mobile store. They said he had gotten water in it, which he hadn't. And, when you open the phone up, the moisture indicators do not indicate that there has been any water. Plus, water does not keep multiplying as these spots do. And, surely, a phone wouldn't work with that much water in it.

When they couldn't find any sign of water damage, they said it was compression damage, which hadn't happened either. And nothing about it looks like something caused by compression. They refused to take the phone back, or cover it under warranty, saying he had damaged it. It is getting worse and worse. It is so bad, now, that they are no longer individual spots, they are combining together and dimming a large area of the screen. We have only had the phone for two weeks.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this? Any idea of what is causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

hang-the-9

Titan
Take a picture of the screen and post it. I doubt there will be multiple small spots on the screen from pushing on the screen enough to damage the pixels without causing a clear broken LCD not just spots.

You can also try another T-Mobile store, you may get someone more helpful.

hang-the-9

Titan
Take a picture of the screen and post it. I doubt there will be multiple small spots on the screen from pushing on the screen enough to damage the pixels without causing a clear broken LCD not just spots.

You can also try another T-Mobile store, you may get someone more helpful.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Cell Phone General Discussion 1
jerthemost Cell Phone General Discussion 1
R Cell Phone General Discussion 1
C Cell Phone General Discussion 1
darkdaz Cell Phone General Discussion 5
R Cell Phone General Discussion 2
E Cell Phone General Discussion 1
J Cell Phone General Discussion 1
D Cell Phone General Discussion 1
H Cell Phone General Discussion 1
M Cell Phone General Discussion 1