Sprint Teases ''Industry First'' for February Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I bet Blaine is going to get into an iPhone bundle pack and come out from the Win7 Phone..... via and Android based Touch Phone....Setting new Data Speed Standards and Records of 80 Kilograms per second.....

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]thillntn[/nom]A stable signal???[/citation]
D'oh, you beat me to it. I use to have the PalmTreo 650 under Sprint (around 2004/2005ish) and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I couldn't even make phone calls inside my own freakin' house! Or inside any building for that matter. What a useless phone (service). Too bad, because I thought Sprint seemed to have the better phones (in terms of features and looks) but they're useless with Sprint's service. I will say I had a great experience with their customer support, which is why I had a hard time leaving them in the first place.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Dear Moderators,

Please give my account permissions to delete posts and ban the accounts of spammers. (or at least the delete posts thing if your not comfortable giving me permissions to ban accounts).

I will voluntarily delete every spam comment that I see, it will cost you nothing and save you time!

Please PM me if you are interested and need to know more personal details.

I am not joking about taking this duty, I will do it. I am serious, so please, take me seriously.

Thank you very much,

NB.

ONTOPIC: Just tell us what your industry first is! The point of teasers like this is that we get a small clue, not nothing at all. Now we don't know what we should be excited about, and might probably be quite dissapointed. Business marketing fail!

stromm

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
I've had Sprint for a provider for over 10 years and the only time I don't get a signal is in my basement. My speeds are faster than my neighbors who are on AT&T (iPhones) and TMobile (Blackberries). Same is true for my wife's Pixi and my kids Android phones.

I drive 60 miles one way to work and never have a signal problem either.

Must be that Ohio has better service than other places.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]D'oh, you beat me to it. I use to have the PalmTreo 650 under Sprint (around 2004/2005ish) and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I couldn't even make phone calls inside my own freakin' house! Or inside any building for that matter. What a useless phone (service). Too bad, because I thought Sprint seemed to have the better phones (in terms of features and looks) but they're useless with Sprint's service. I will say I had a great experience with their customer support, which is why I had a hard time leaving them in the first place.[/citation] Doh!, 2004/2005ish, that is along time ago technology wises, and Sprint like many of the networks have come along way. Sprint has the middle deal of them, and better call reception AT&T thats for sure.

jitpublisher

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
I have had Sprint for many years, the Treo was horrible, but my BB is great. When I am out and about with a group of friends who all have various providers, ( a couple of them have AT&T), another Verizon, and my wife has Verizon, I am the go-to person for anything on the web, the speed on my Blackberry is just that much better than anything they have. I live in South West Washington State.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]thillntn[/nom]A stable signal???[/citation]
I hate to say it...But in Birmingham AL...ATT has a better signal than Sprint....eeeuu! now I have to go wash my hands.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]I hate to say it...But in Birmingham AL...ATT has a better signal than Sprint....eeeuu! now I have to go wash my hands.[/citation]
But ...Verizon's signal is uber alles

hmohniii

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]D'oh, you beat me to it. I use to have the PalmTreo 650 under Sprint (around 2004/2005ish) and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. I couldn't even make phone calls inside my own freakin' house! Or inside any building for that matter. What a useless phone (service). Too bad, because I thought Sprint seemed to have the better phones (in terms of features and looks) but they're useless with Sprint's service. I will say I had a great experience with their customer support, which is why I had a hard time leaving them in the first place.[/citation]

Your phone not getting a good signal is more then just how good/poor the network is... a lot of the time it can be the phone itself. I've got a Palm Pre on Sprint's network and get 3 out of 5 bars in a server room where I work located in the basement of our building. I've also got a Blackberry 8830 for work that uses the Sprint network, and holding them side by side in this server room I can get two completely different signals... must be the network then, right?

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]stromm[/nom]I've had Sprint for a provider for over 10 years and the only time I don't get a signal is in my basement. My speeds are faster than my neighbors who are on AT&T (iPhones) and TMobile (Blackberries). Same is true for my wife's Pixi and my kids Android phones.I drive 60 miles one way to work and never have a signal problem either.Must be that Ohio has better service than other places.[/citation]

I live in mid-Michigan and I get a better signal with Sprint than any other provider. In fact, for the longest time, the only provider that would get a signal at my old house out in the sticks was Sprint, neither VZW or ATT could make a simple call.

Maybe it's that Sprint has a great signal when it comes to the mid-east/mid-west portion of the US, though my phone also worked amazingly well during my vacation in California last summer.

neodude007

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
How about getting text messages delivered on time from Sprint before they go announcing "industry firsts". I have about a 20% chance to receive a text 5-20 mins late and so does my buddy on Sprint. We can get a text from ANY carrier and they might be delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.