Sprint: We Tripled EVO 4G Sales by Accident

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]christopherknapp[/nom]Please tell me how many gigabytes you used on your phone last month. Poor 3G? Maybe if you live in Northern Maine. Closed off? In what way? Anal retentive application development ... please give me specific examples.In other words, shut up. Get off the band wagon. The EVO 4G looks like a great choice, and I am glad that someone else has brought forth an excellent option for Sprint customers, and eventually others. The iPhone 4 is a fantastic device, and so is the Droid. I am just glad to see that there are other options out there. Diversity is good for the market, but to sit here and say the iPhone sucks is just plain ridiculous.[/citation]
Just to provide you with the info you were asking for:
1. Try driving through anywhere off of the east coast and then I'll show you horrible reception (especially in WI)
2. I live in Madison WI (which they specifically cite in on of those Luke Wilson commercials as a "great college town") and you get great reception when you're (outside) downtown, on top of a hill, or live right next to a tower. Good luck doing anything indoors.
3. Read up Apples EULA for developers and try to tell us it's not anal retentive or otherwise the craziest contract they expect people to sign.

Don't assume we don't know what we're talking about because you don't understand, look it up and stop drinking the iJuice.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]rsud[/nom]It ain't between phone companies. Its the pee-ons on these message boards that have to declare their winner with condescension towards the other brand. And its highly anti-apple in a totally stupid way. So easily they forget that their smart phones (except for RIM) exist only because of the iphone.[/citation]

Last time I checked there was palm, audiovox, hp, kyocera, nokia....... Symbian os, rim os, windows mobile os,.... all before the iphone. That is why no one like you apple fanbois. You think that apple invents stuff. They dont they copy it make crappy spec'ed products and declare themselves the victors. You buy all the junk they petal, just because you are told its the greatest.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]simple11[/nom]The EVO 4g and iPhone4 look amazing on paper! BUT JESUS DON'T GET INVOLVED IN DATA CONNECTIVITY. Go ahead and wiki 4g, the connection speeds are absolutely amazing, but guess what? Sprint's '4G' is only 3% of what it should be. The only reason I would go with the Evo is because of the OS. I've seen better apps on Google software compared to my iPhone. But with the battery issue on the Evo, I am glad I have until next march till I have to make a decision.[/citation]

The battery issue is with the 4G radio. Apparently its evil on battery life. Since 4G coverage blows anyway, the logical answer is to disable the 4G radio immediately, and enjoy the device's relatively normal battery life. A task killer, and the LauncherPro app are recommended.

ajac09

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009
getting 14 hours of battery life here with hourly check ups on email 4 hours for rss feeds fring running in back ground and 20 - 50 texts an hour on top of 1 hour of phone calls. I run advanced app killer set to close programs whenever the screen goes off oh and I forget about the 20 minutes of video and about 50 pictures of our 3 month old I take. So yeah great batter y life!

G

OEM battery life does not matter. And it isnt nearly as bad as the iFans want you to think.

I know it is a completely FOREIGN CONCEPT for Apple owners, but you can upgrade and change batteries on the Evo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS