Status
Not open for further replies.

Moulay Ahmed

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Hey,
I recently bought a used Samsung NP700z5a-S02, And I've had noticed that my computer is kind of slow sometimes, I'm currently on Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate (64bits) and here's the issue.
When the computer is powered off for hours and I just turn it on, The 8GB SSD is detected within few minutes, when I go to EASUS PARTITION MASTER, It displays my SATA HDD, and my ssd with (Capacity :7.46GB used 7.46GB) Unallocated, and windows asks me to format the partition to use it, when I wipe the data using EASUS, it becomes (used 0.0b) but again after few minutes it just disappears, and it's like my ssd has being ejected, And that happens even if I don't format the SSD..
The Windows event viewer displays the following errors
"The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR2, is not ready for access yet". (Event 15,Disk)
"The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period". (Event 9, iaStor)
Plus when I choose to restart my computer it takes longer to boot, 3 minutes black screen, then it boots..
Installing Windows 10 has being a nightmare, too many errors, boots then freezes, I had to roll back to Win7, lucky for me I did an Upgrade over Win7.
I know SSD is used for Express cache, to speed up the computer, and I think that's the reason why my computer is instead slowing down, it's like my computer is trying to reach for the SSD and it just fails, and now I just want to get rid of that SSD!
Now I'm asking for a way to permanently disable my Soldered SSD, If you guys can show me where it is on my motherboard, I can disassemble my computer and do it by my own, or if there's a way to fix it will be great!
Ps; Please don't tell me to take it to Samsung, I don't have a warranty for that.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Moulay Ahmed

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Okay to make things easier, I would like to get rid of my Soldered SSD, and I'm not sure I can find where is it in my motherboard.
Is that doable? Is it risk-free? Is there any other suggestions like replacing it with another SSD?
Thanks!

Moulay Ahmed

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Moulay Ahmed : "SSD Error with Samsung NP700Z5a-S02"

Hey
Is there any way I can completely Remove the soldered 8gb Sandisk SSD from my motherboard without causing an additional problem, like dependencies issues or other issues please?
If yes, can you guys show me where is it located in my motherboard, and how to remove it?
Thanks again!

Moulay Ahmed

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016

My computer has an internal 4GB ram (soldered) and a SSD hard drive(Soldered too) like a circuit or something..
I need to get rid of it, it causes too many conflicts!
Can you help me figure where is That Damn SSD please?
That's how my motherboard looks :
DSCN3108.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Paul NZ

Admirable
This is what youre talking about

As it says

So that was the first hurtle I had to overcome, the 2nd was the Samsung Series 7 Chronos has 8GB Express Cache, which is like a soldered SSD drive onto the motherboard used to speed up access to common files.

The problem is the ExpressCache shows up as Disk 0 in the partition wizard of Windows 7 and later.

You do have to delete/wipe out the cache and not format it, it isn’t needed when running an SSHD or SSD anyway but I was still not able to get Windows 7 to ever install onto the Seagate SSHD drive.

The Samsung Series 7 Chronos would either keep rebooting over and over as it would only look to the Express Cache Disk 0 for an OS when only Windows 7 was installed on Disk 1.

It looks like Win7 maybe the prob, Win8 and 10 may work. So you may have to install Win 8 or 10

In the end I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 and had no issues, I installed it via USB stick and had no problems whatsoever, the moment it installed the Samsung Series 7 Chronos had no problems booting to Windows 10 with it being the Disk 1 and the ExpressCache complication issue was immediately resolved

Moulay Ahmed

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
hey,
Thanks for your answer, but this is not my issue, you're talking about windows keeps searching for a valid boot sector from the ssd drive, never been able to find it and keep rebooting and stuff.
However, my issue is that my ssd gets recognized at first then after 2~3 minutes it get ejected and I can't do anything to make it reappear again..
Installing Windows 10 from USB and from DVD has being a nightmare, it won't install from the bios, unless I choose an upgrade from 7 to windows 10, I had bootloop issues, computer slowdown, several bugs..
I've tried also wiping the data from the ssd when it's recognized, and to do that I have to act fast, because it gets ejected after few seconds before I can do anything..
Now I know that my ssd is somehow corrupted and the only way to fix it is to hardware remove it, you should see how hard I've tried to do a fresh install, and It just won't install it freezes just before the dialogue box that shows my hard drive and partitions, that's why I'm keen on removing my SSD, it's like windows is trying to access the corrupted SSD and it just can't..
Does this make any sens?

Moulay Ahmed

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Thanks for your answer !
But I tried windows 10 as an upgrade from windows 7 and it got complicated and buggy..
Okay so Half of the answer is there, If I can't remove it, then How Can I repair it? It's corrupted, it gets ejected!
Would greatly Appreciate it
Ps: It is an SSD not a cache, It gets detected in the Disk management and stuff, it's the opposite a SSD that acts as a cache not the other way around!

anwar002

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Can you delete the partition on SSD?
Try that and do not create any partition in it again.
Boot from the USB or DVD that contains Windows 10. Select repair your computer.
Go to DOS command prompt.
Use diskpart to delete the partition.
for hoe to use diskpart, just google it.

Moulay Ahmed

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016

Thanks for your answer, the problem is that there is no partition available, and I can't partition with diskpart or neither a software..
My issue is that the SSD is corrupted and damaged, There is poor status reported by S.M.A.R.T. , here's a screenshot :
https://postimg.cc/image/bzao3ydxd/
https://postimg.cc/image/rihy46d43/
Now I'm asking for one thing, Please Please tell me where can I find this Bloody Soldered SSD in my motherboard to remove it!! There is no way it will function again, I want to get rid of it! Where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.