SSD + HDD Problem

TecHPH

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016
Hi,

I bought Lenovo Legion Y520 laptop.
7th Gen Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor (6 MB Cache, 2.8 GHz, 3.8 GHz max)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5
8GB RAM, 2666 MHz DDR4
HDD / 2.5" wide, SATA 6.0Gb/s, 5400 RPM: 1TB

I bought an SSD(128GB, A-DATA XPG SX6000, M.2 2280, PCIe 3.0 x2 NVMe) 3 days ago, unplugged HDD, plugged SDD only, installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and everything is working perfectly, BIOS and windows are detecting the SDD, when I plug HDD back, first boot is always good(no error, etc.), but whenever I restart my laptop its not booting from SSD(I have to restart my laptop twice because i'm getting "no bootble device, press any key to restart the machine" and again everything works fine, BIOS and windows is detecting the drive).

I tried to update SSD firmware with ADATA SSD toolbox but I'm getting "Firmware upgrade is not supported on IDE or RAID mode" but I dont understand that, because in BIOS, SATA controller is in "AHCI" mode.

Again, when SSD is plugged alone, its all good, but when I plug HDD it gets "no bootable device" error after every restart.

BIOS settings:
SATA controller= AHCI
Boot priority=Legacy + Legacy First
Secure boot= Disabled

Thank you, and I apologize because of my bad english.

TecHPH

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016
Yes, but sometimes after I get "no bootable device" error I restart laptop once more and go to BIOS and the SSD is not detected there, then I restart it once more and it boots normally with SSD.

And when it boots normally I go to BIOS once more and my HDD is before SSD in boot priority