Static/buzz when moving mouse and worse when gaming?

ichimaru

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Hello,

I've just replaced my Mobo and CPU inside my system, (MSI MPower Z77 + Intel i7 3770K). Every time I move my mouse I get a very annoying beeping noise which is weird because my mouse is connected to a USB port on the front pannel and when I start up a game I get this unbearable static/buzz which plays over the audio of the game. I've tried reinstalling Realtek drivers and what worries me the most is that I tried the headset in the front panel jacks and there was no static during games, this wouldn't be a problem except these are 5.1 surround sound headphone so I want to make use of them. I've been reading around and I've seen suggestions of interference and a possible defective motherboard?

Have you guys got any suggestions?

Thanks.

EDIT: Just tried a stereo head set in the Mobo jacks and it has the same outcome whereas if I try the front panel jacks it doesn't pick up any mouse movements/interference :/. This is VERY annoying as this motherboard is brand new and quite pricey.

fishyfish

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2009
Quite likely front jacks cable shielding, I had similar problem. Quick and cheap fix that worked in my case - buy metal foil tape from any hardware store, wrap it around the connector cable and then wrap everything in insulating tape. Hope this helps!