Static/Buzzing Noise after installing a new Motherboard...

Mini bow

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014
(Not sure if this is right category) Its been about a month since i installed my MB and it has had a static noise pretty much since i got it and it has been getting to me lately...My board is the ASUS Z97-E, my CPU (which i believe is the cause) is the I7-4790k (Clock not touched) and my PSU is the Evga 500W...The noise gets worse when i play a heavy CPU game such as CS:GO, the pitch also seems to be slightly affected by my mouse as well, I am using on board audio (Realtek up to date), i am fairly certain that it isn't my HDD as when a game loads it doesn't change the sound at all...But I actually have no idea, anyone have a fix besides buying a new sound card? If any other details are needed just ask, any help is thanked.

Solution

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/63681-63-realtek-high-audio-definition-audio

Folks have had problems with Realtek audio before.

On board audio is a lot better than years ago, but there are still issues. With the audio circuits on the motherboard, they can pick up interference from surrounding electronics, and this can translate to audio buzzing.

I would check that my speaker/headset cables are not running close to any power cables, especially parallel to them.

If the buzzing persists, and dedicated sound card should fix this. They are quite affordable, and the audio quality will be improved.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Audigy-Performance-Headphone/dp/B00EO6X4XG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1421036426&sr=8-3&keywords=sound+card

Mini bow

Estimable
Mar 19, 2014
Okay...I have (I think) found the problem, i am pretty sure it lies in drivers or something similar...I started my computer and my headphones were plugged in and the buzzing sound was gone...But it turned out for some reason my realtek device was disable and when i told windows to automatically fix it and it turned on the device again and the noise was back so maybe that has something to do with it, but i honestly have no idea...Still looking for a solution.

zyntra

Estimable
Apr 6, 2014

hay man i have the same issue with my new mobo as well gigabyte h97n-wifi an i have done everthing i could think of the only thing that fixes the issue is rebooting an even then it still can presist an mine is more of a static/crackling problem tho

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
Solution