Static noise and Speedfan

jsb932

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
Dell Inspiron 7559 runs hot, so installed Speedfan.
Speedfan works great and turns the fans on and off as necessary, but
when Speedfan program is active, I get static crackle noise on my laptop speakers when playing music, watching video, any audio coming out of the speakers there is a static burst about every 5 seconds. Turn off the Speedfan program, sound is fine.
So a solution to the static would be helpful as I do need Speedfan to cool this Dell.

Solution
Yes I prefer Speedfan myself, however I was doing a little research and some have had the same problem as you. The only thing that worked to fix it was to change programs. Hence the suggestion.

Granted, there has to be something else involved. Possibly the speed the fans are being changed to.

jsb932

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
HW Monitor, good monitoring program, but that is all it does. Show me where HWMonitor will turn the fans on and off to cool the laptop. Speedfan is a great program, just that static problem that drives me crazy.

Yes I prefer Speedfan myself, however I was doing a little research and some have had the same problem as you. The only thing that worked to fix it was to change programs. Hence the suggestion.

Granted, there has to be something else involved. Possibly the speed the fans are being changed to.

Solution