static noise from speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofekfischer

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
hi,
i have stereo computer speakers that i bought 3 years ago. the speakers work great, but unless it uplug it from electricity, it continues to create static noise. this is really disturbing because it's a bedroom. how can i solve this problem?

mr1hm

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

oooo interesting, I've had static coming through randomly (whenever it wants) my pair of M-Audio BX8a Deluxes'. I don't mean to jack the thread but, was just wondering if this would apply to me as well.

The static isn't unbearable is very quiet but still there. I remember a few months back it never had static but i've recognized the static since day 1.

andrew_berge

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
mr1hm: If it's random, i don't think it's your problem.
Basically, there is always some amount of static in the output of an audio device. If the PC volume is low, then the speakers will have to amplify the sound more, and the static gets amplified as well as the music.

I'm not sure what your static is coming from, though my old laptop had static whenever i used a wireless network, and others have had similar problems when CPU load was high, or doing other specific things. It might be something like that.

mr1hm

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

Ahh I see, thanks for that info. Now to think of it, I do remember it happening while working on intense tracks. :)

ofekfischer

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
well, my speakers make static noise whenever it's plugged in to the electricity, even if i turn it of and shut down the computer. it doesn't apear to be caused by something specific, it's just always there

Status
Not open for further replies.