Solved! Static noise when using headphones with creative audigy soundcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwenLLOYD

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
Hello,

My headphones (Beyerdynamic DT770 M (80ohm)) have a faint high pitched buzz/ring/static noise when connected to my Creative Sound Blaster audigy fx pcie 5.1.

When I'm on my desktop the static is a high pitched buzz/ring/static like I mentioned above but when I start playing a game, the frequency drops and it becomes a low pitch buzz like that of a microwave (example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYW881P2mzo ).

I've tried reinstalling the creative drivers. I've uninstalled the sound drivers that were already installed. I've tried plugging in speakers into the same connections and the buzzing is present with the speakers too.

I'm not sure what the issue could be now. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Well I've managed to fix it. There were 2 things that could have been causing the earth hum. 1: I was using the extension plugs to power 8 or so devices. The two extension plugs were plugged into different wall outlets so I plugged the first extension in the wall and then the second extension into the first extension. 2: I also had a set of speakers and subwoofer connected to the computer so I removed that set.

Hopefully if someone sees this it will help them too.

shknawe

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Have you tried slightly pulling on the plug so that it moves a little to see if that is your source? Also the the plugs that run into the rear of your computer from your speakers make sure that they are not touching each other this will cause buzz clicks and all that.

OwenLLOYD

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013

I've pulled the plug out a little bit and the buzzing stops the second it comes out. So I assume that is the source of it. The speaker jack is about 7 inches away from the soundcard because the sound card is in a pcie slot and the speakers are plugged into the mobo.

OwenLLOYD

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013

Ah I see. Well in that case, the plug isn't touching anything else.

OwenLLOYD

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
Well I've managed to fix it. There were 2 things that could have been causing the earth hum. 1: I was using the extension plugs to power 8 or so devices. The two extension plugs were plugged into different wall outlets so I plugged the first extension in the wall and then the second extension into the first extension. 2: I also had a set of speakers and subwoofer connected to the computer so I removed that set.

Hopefully if someone sees this it will help them too.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.