Steelseries H Wireless vs Astro A50

doublej3000

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
Hello everyone I am looking for a wireless gaming headset for my pc (laptop specifically). I am trying to decide between the Astro A50 or the Steelseries H wireless. I would be using it for gaming as well as watching tv and movies. Which do you think is better. If theres a better headset that you would recommend instead that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Scibbo

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
I would steer clear of the wireless headsets in general.
Too much lag when gaming can cause issues in communication, also the ongoing cost for new batteries and worries of leaking battery acid destroying your headset.
I would suggest saving a bit of money and go with the Astros A40. Cable always better.

doublej3000

Honorable
Aug 2, 2013
I was leaning toward wireless due to comfort and more free range of motion especially when watching movies and TV shows. I was leaning toward steelseries because I currently use v2 that I am very comfortable with. Has anyone used h wireless or astros for tv or movies and have an opinion on them in that setting?

Kishan25

Estimable
Apr 13, 2015
I have the a50s and ive used my friends Steel series h and the a50s win. Sound quality isnt that much different but the a50s sound more accurate. The a50s were more comfortable but thats probably because im used to them. The a50s were heavier so you will feel some ache on your neck after a while but you'll adapt to it. a50s also look better and have better controls.