Steelseries Siberia V2 - No sound in right speaker

mads232

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017
So I've had this headset for over 2 years now (No warranty), and just this sunday, sound went out in my right ear. Google has led me to believe that opening the little sound box (http://imgur.com/YDYgAeu) and finding a loose wire to solder, could fix the problem. But I'm pretty nervous that I'll just end up completely destroying the headset by doing that.

I do have an identical headset lying around which has a broken microphone. Could I salvage something from that or something?

Anyways, my question is: How do I get that little sound box open without damaging anything? There are no screws whatsoever, and the only way in seems to be splitting it open (https://lanoc.org/images/stories/Reviews/steelseries_siberia_v2/siberiav2_11.jpg)

Any ideas? I really can't afford to buy a new headset right now.

Thanks!

UPDATE: I got the box open, but there were no loose wires.. Hmm

There is something lose or broken in the headset, no way to do this from a forum, you have to open up the headset and check the connections. It may be an issue with the headset cup wires. It may be possible to move the working mic to the headset with the sound issue, same thing, take it apart, put the parts in.

mads232

Prominent
Mar 28, 2017

Thank you for your reply. I opened up the little sound box, and found no wires loose. I think it might be in the actual ear cup, but I can't seem to find a guide to the actual disassembly of it. I'll probably just buy a new headset.

nitin.pandula

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
I had the same problem with no sound in the right ear of the headphone. I took it to a chip level service center for laptop repairs and to my luck, they were able to fix it. They figured out that the speaker wasn't working and replaced it. My headphone works perfectly fine now. I suggest get it checked with anyone who has experience for chip level repairs. They could narrow down the problem and fix it rather than waiting for steelseries to do something about it.