Stolen hp laptop

Shannon1105

Prominent
Feb 10, 2017
Laptop stolen - my house was broken into. I have original packaging envelope from Compaq Notebook pc with sticker on it and it Has several different numbers listed (no numbers specify s/n or sn) there is also a bar code #. Could one of these numbers be the seriel or model # ... Help! I Need for police report.

Solution
bring box, get the serial number to local police so they pass the information unto pawn shops so it can be prevented to be purchased by them illegally
look on eBay and craigslist and ask for serial numbers of laptops that match yours and locations. EBay has rules about that if they refuse they can get in trouble for suspect of selling illegal goods.

god speed in retrieving it, but as it has happened to me before, dont hold your breath, get a police report done, contact insurance get a new one.
hope you put a encrypted password on your bios... otherwise, get to a computer and change ALL your passwords, like yesterday
bring box, get the serial number to local police so they pass the information unto pawn shops so it can be prevented to be purchased by them illegally
look on eBay and craigslist and ask for serial numbers of laptops that match yours and locations. EBay has rules about that if they refuse they can get in trouble for suspect of selling illegal goods.

god speed in retrieving it, but as it has happened to me before, dont hold your breath, get a police report done, contact insurance get a new one.
hope you put a encrypted password on your bios... otherwise, get to a computer and change ALL your passwords, like yesterday

Solution

kanewolf

Judicious
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Shannon1105 : "How to find series # on sticker of original packaging compact notebook laptop. Several numbers as well as bar code number non"