Stowaway Portable Keyboard by Targus Modding

roadwarrior

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2008
I recently stumbled uppon an old gadget of mine, its a Targus Stowaway Portable Keyboard that came with my Handspring Visor long time ago, my handspring is gone now and i was thinking maybe just maybe i can make a project of my own, like a do it yourself cable so i can actually solder a usb cable to my stowaway and would enable me to have my own folding portable usb keybaord, i know there are items scattered all over the net for a ready made converters, its just that i would like to make my own and i would consider it as my personal project to solder and max out the capabilities of old devices considered as "obsolete" and "useless" i just want to know if someone actually made a stowaway targus keyboard modded to be attached to a usb interface if someone out there knows some guides / pin-outs etc or tutorial, i would greatly appreciate it, i just like the fact that u can always have a portable keyboard in your pocket that u modded yourself ^_^

ate

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2008
I actually have the opposite question: where can I find a cable that will just let me use one of these keyboard as a standard USB keyboard? I have been searching for this but have not been able to find it. Any pointer would be much appreciated!

Rarotonga

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
I just found my stowaway keyboard and I am wondering the same thing. Please advise if you find a ready made cable. Thanks