Question Strong wifi network but very slow internet

Nov 18, 2020
I'm using a public wifi network that works with 50mbps on my phone but on my laptop it does less than 2mbps. I've tried forgetting it and rebooting, troubleshooting, updating my drivers and reseting to factorysettings but i can't get it to work properly, please help.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
You must consider when online the site will see what type of device is being used and adjust the page accordingly. In other words the page size sent to a phone will be a whole lot smaller than the page sent to a laptop.. The page sent to the laptop will have scripts, additional formatting, graphics and pictures with higher resolution and more that would not be sent to a phone.

Nov 18, 2020
You must consider when online the site will see what type of device is being used and adjust the page accordingly. In other words the page size sent to a phone will be a whole lot smaller than the page sent to a laptop.. The page sent to the laptop will have scripts, additional formatting, graphics and pictures with higher resolution and more that would not be sent to a phone.

Yes okay but that doesn't explain the near 50mbps difference between speedtests on both devices

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
That doesn't explain how it was working smoothly last time i was using it and not now, also when i reboot, the signal is very strong and it works well for a few seconds and then it drops of, there has to be something else i can try?

It could if there were changes in the webpages or the way the browsers handle webpages.