Stuck at BIOS screen

Gharcha

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
Wanted to see if you guys have any ideas to bring this computer back to life.

Specs: Lenovo Z570. i5. 8GB RAM. Phoenix UEFI BIOS. Windows 7 64 bit.

Story: Laptop fell on the floor. Because of how it fell, I was sure that the hard drive has crashed. So I power on the laptop, BIOS loaded fine and then blank screen. It made 2 beep sound and I could feel that it cannot read the hard drive. Entered the BIOS setup and it said no HDD found.
Now dont know why but I decided to load all the BIOS settings to factory default. And since then the BIOS doesnt load completely. It loads halfway. I cannot enter setup nor can change the boot order to boot from the USB drive. It doesnt even reach to the point where I can enter in the safemode.
Took the HDD out and attached it to the other laptop as an external drive. No sign of life on HDD.

This is what I have done until now:

1) Striped the laptop to bare motherboard. Still stuck halfway at the LENOVO screen.
2) Tried to flash BIOS. Nothing works.
3) Swapped the RAM with the one in the working laptop. No issues with the RAM.
4) Got a new HDD, installed it. Copied Windows 7 installation using Rufus. Same thing, stuck at the same point.
5) Took out CMOS battery for few days to reset the password. Didnt work.

Any ideas? Since this started to happen after I reset the BIOS settings, I think it turned on the secure boot or something.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in identifying the issue.

- Do a hard reset first, remove the Battery and AC adapter from your laptop then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then see if it will get pass the BIOS screen (Aptio setup utility).
- If it doesn't boot up normally reset BIOS to defaults first, remove the CMOS battery for couple of seconds then just plug it back in and power the laptop again.
- Lastly, remove the HDD then power the laptop on and see if it will get pass the BIOS screen and if it does turn it back off put the HDD back in and if gets stuck again you know the suspect already.
- If the laptop won't still get pass the BIOS screen it's the motherboard that has the issue.

Gharcha

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
Did that before and did it again after your post. Same issue, BIOS loads half way and gets stuck there. I guess then it is the motherboard. This issue started to have after I set the BIOS settings to default (that is when I could get in the BIOS setup). So I thought it has something to do with BIOS settings.