Stuck in Boot Loop - Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

AriaBella

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
My acer laptop is stuck in a boot loop. It's boots to the acer splash screen with dots spinning in a circle, turns off, then boots to that screen again over and over again. It hasn't been updated in about a year as the screen got broken and I only recently got the cash for a repair. It was initially Windows 8 but I installed Windows 10 as soon as it was available. Can anyone help me?

Specs:
-Windows 10
-Acer Aspire E15 (E5-551-T374)
-AMD A10-7300 Processor
-AMD Radeon R6 graphics
-8 GB DDR3 ram
-1 TB hard drive

Solution
Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep...
Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Solution

iqbalaanwar

Prominent
Jan 28, 2018

I had a similar problem, and didn't know what to do. I backed up all my data onto an external hard-drive (fortunately I had another computer that I was able to put my original hard-drive, and cloned the data from there onto the external drive). Then I did a system restore, which brought my computer to the factory settings - and it was originally Windows 7.
From there, I went through the Windows 10 installation media (which you can get from their website) to get back my windows 10, because I had it before. Got back Windows 10, put all my data back into the original hard drive, and I guess that fixed it. I also called Microsoft a few times, just to make sure I wouldn't have to pay for Windows 10 (and I didn't).

That being said, that doesn't solve the root of the problem. For my case, my computer entered the reboot loop because of a faulty update. I'm still trying to find a solution for that problem. I know this is a few months late but I hope it helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.