Solved! Asus Laptop X555UB Boots to BIOs Only, Not to Windows 10

thor68372rockon

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Replaced touchpad, now just boots to BIOs only, not Windows 10. This laptop has been changed from UEFI to AHCI. Under boot options it is blank, no boot options. I was using laptop prior to replacement of touchpad, HDD 1 Tb, new 1 year ago. Is there a way to go in some how & reestablish the link to the HDD? Thanks in advance.🙂

Solution
Sorry--way behind on emails. I think you have a HW problem. The HDD should show up in the BIOS regardless of whether it is properly set up or not. Either the HDD has gone bad or there is a MB issue. You didn't answer my question about ESD precautions. If you didn't follow them you may have damaged something. Don't use the idiots on YouTube as examples of how to do things. The factories where laptops are built are all very serious about ESD for good reason.
I don't understand your comment about UEFI vs AHCI. I believe that's apples and oranges. Perhaps you mean switching from MBR to GPT boot?? So all you did was replace the touchpad? No messing around with anything else or boot settings? Did you follow good ESD procedures when you opened the machine? If not, you risk zapping components.

thor68372rockon

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
I don't understand your comment about UEFI vs AHCI. I believe that's apples and oranges. Perhaps you mean switching from MBR to GPT boot?? So all you did was replace the touchpad? No messing around with anything else or boot settings? Did you follow good ESD procedures when you opened the machine? If not, you risk zapping components.
I switched from GPT boot to MBR boot, I wiped & replaced Win Home x64 & installed Win Pro x64 4 years ago. Had to order touchpad, 5 day wait, tried to use a remote mouse, as I needed the laptop, booted Asus laptop & it booted to BIOs screen, NO boot options. Is there a way to go in in safe mode & repair the link or path to the HDD? Also, replacement touch pad is now installed. Thanks, sorry if that confused you.

Sorry--way behind on emails. I think you have a HW problem. The HDD should show up in the BIOS regardless of whether it is properly set up or not. Either the HDD has gone bad or there is a MB issue. You didn't answer my question about ESD precautions. If you didn't follow them you may have damaged something. Don't use the idiots on YouTube as examples of how to do things. The factories where laptops are built are all very serious about ESD for good reason.

Solution