Stuck in reinstall loop on my Acer

Tias

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
I have an acer that started freezing and acting up, so I used the Acer e-recovery function to reformat the disks and reinstall windows.

Problem is, the machine starts up, then goes to a part of the install process (not sure which, I just left it to work after activating e-recovery), and then gives a "Cannot install windows on this hardware, the installation process will commence after restart" message, then it restarts, and the exact same thing happens again, then it restarts and so on. Indefinitely.

How can I get the use of my computer back? The only thing I could think of was that it maybe booted the wrong kind of disk for a partition, but I've tried booting every single component first in the BIOS menu, with the same result.

Tias

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013

Unfortunately not :( ..Unless there is a short cut or something I'm unaware of, but I've mashed all F-keys on start up without effect.

jinksy

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
1. Power on the computer
2. At the white ACER BIOS screen, hold the Alt key and press the F10 key simultaneously to start Acer eRecovery.
3. Once eRecovery has loaded, click Restore to Factory Default Settings
4. Click OK to continue
5. From here, the eRecovery process will update all the data on the C: drive and restore a fully functional factory image (approximately 10 minutes).
6. Once eRecovery has run, press OK to reboot unit