Stuck in restart loop

shauna gatten

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
Help. I have a less than 2 year old Acer - Aspire laptop (M5-583P-5859). This am after doing some work, I received a message indicating there was an update needed for Windows 10. I chose the option to update and restart. Ever since, the computer is stuck in a restart loop. I see the logo comes up, the circling dots, then a message indicated it is restarting only to circle back to the logo and round and round it goes. I called a technical support person for assistance but they were unable to resolve the problem. Please help. I cannot afford another computer right now and this is for work.

Solution
You gave it enough time so now you have to press the power button for about ten seconds to turn it off the hard way. Restart it and Windows will mess around for a while but eventually it will start and tell you how naughty you were.

Ignore that and carry on, leaving the updates to try again. Alternatively, you could select four or five and install those then another half dozen and contninue in batches until they're all in.
You gave it enough time so now you have to press the power button for about ten seconds to turn it off the hard way. Restart it and Windows will mess around for a while but eventually it will start and tell you how naughty you were.

Ignore that and carry on, leaving the updates to try again. Alternatively, you could select four or five and install those then another half dozen and contninue in batches until they're all in.

Solution