Stuck on Aptio Setup Utility on ASUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tilahjade

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
I have a Asus S550CA notebook and I updated it to the windows 10, but now it keeps going to Aptio setup utility everytime its turned on or when the screen times out, and when turning off and back on and pressing f9 it just takes me straight to the set up screen again asking if I want to load optimised defaults. Please help!

Try the following and see if it resolves the problem.

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started.

The computer should now go through the restore process and then start normally for you.

tilahjade

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017

This method does not fix the problem, when turning off and back on and pressing f9 it just takes me straight to the set up screen again asking if I want to load optimized defaults.

psherlock22

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017

Hi,
I am having the same problem after spilling a drink and thought it was ok, however the audio Realtek showed a problem, then a few clicking sounds and the mouse pad wouldn’t work....

jorgefuedan

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.