Stuttering videos and games on ASUS laptop.

Anami Thakur

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014
Hey guys, I'm having a strange problem with my ASUS K53SM-SX010D. From the last couple of weeks there is a frame rate drop in games and sometimes a video while playing will stutter for a few seconds. It has never happened before as I used to run games at full settings and play 1080p videos. I have got the laptop serviced and have reinstalled windows but still the problem is there. I hope someone can help me here. Thanks for taking the time to read anyway.

Specs:
Intel Core i5 2450 M @2.50 GHz
4GB RAM
2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT630M

Anami Thakur

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

I thought of that, so had it serviced and cleaned, temps are pretty much normal especially while playing videos 50-55 degree Celsius, are these high ??

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
no, those are fine.
here's an idea, get msi afterburner, hwinfo64, setup OSD to display temp of cpu and gpu. display utilization also, if temp is an issue then you should be able to see it

Anami Thakur

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

Don't think it's a temp issue, mate but I'll look into that. Although today my cousin was using powerpoint and she told me that there was a bit of lag in typing, like she pressed the key and there was a delay until the letter was displayed, now that's not an intensive task, pretty weird, right.

Anami Thakur

Estimable
Jul 6, 2014

Scan as in scan for viruses, mate ??
And while monitoring the task manager, what should I look for ??