Sep 20, 2018
There is buzzing sound coming from the subwoofer in my home theater system.power and control are in the subwoofer .all the speaker are fine only buzzing sound from subwoofer.i installed a new speaker and still no change ..it increases with the sound .low volume low buzz high volume high buzz.mute no buzz.at start if I tap hard it stops .now nothing works .please help.

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
How do you have it connected? Is it plugged directly into a wall outlet or a power strip? Do you use powerline adapters for Internet in your house or is there anything near the sub which could be contributing to the interference/buzz?

What did you tap? Guess you tapped too hard.
You may have had a ground loop or a bad amplifier in the sub. If you heard the buzz with no input to the sub then it would be internal not a ground loop. Now that it doesn't work at all you may need to get a replacement plate amp or a new sub. Call the manufacturer. Sometimes the price is a good deal sometimes highway robbery.

Sep 20, 2018
@skybill40 - I tried connecting it directly and also to a power strip .yeah the buzz comes even when it's not connected to pc or phone .and suddenly there buzz pops too.i use wi-fi and I don't think there is interference because I have changed room too.

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
I just thought I'd ask seeing that powerline internet has been known to cause issues like you've described. It's always worthwhile to rule out as many things as possible before coming to the inevitable solution that your worst fear may be realized: Your amp is dying or something is creating a short.

Sep 20, 2018
@americanaudiophile - it stopped when I tapped the subwoofer box .but now it doesn't stop .and yes a hard tap.the buzz comes only from subwoofer.when I reduce the bass or remove power to subwoofer from inside it doesn't come .