Subwoofer/center channel on motherboard not working?

absorb333

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
I tried connecting my subwoofer using my 3.5mm jack to rca red white and yellow cable to my PC's motherboard. Supposedly the yellow jack on the back is for the center AND subwoofer channel, but i get no sound through my subwoofer when i connect it through there.

I've tried connecting a 3.5mm to 3.5 mm jack from the yellow slot into my stereo amp and voila, my left speaker plays the centre channel, and my right speaker plays the subwoofer.(Sounds from windows speaker configuration). So i know the yellow jack DOES work and IS for the centre and subwoofer. I've also confirmed that the sub works because plugging it into the front channels on my motherboard, it would play the low frequencies of the soundtracks.

The problem is, i cant seem to figure out why the centre/subwoofer outputs on my motherboard won't work for my subwoofer?

My subwoofer is PSW10 and my mother board is Asus Z97M-PLUS

absorb333

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

I'm doubtful of that because like i said, when i connected my front speakers to it via 3.5mm jack, it played the center in the left and subwoofer in the right speakers.

Yea im using windows sound configuration in control panel to test each channel invidivually.

WillAwesomeGeek

Estimable
Jan 10, 2015

Oh, Unlucky I have now got mine working. I had to select speaker fill in my motherboard speaker software and not in the playback options.