Subwoofer connection question

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I have a Pioneer VSX 1021 receiver. It has 1 sub-woofer pre-out. My subwoofer has left/right plugs in the back to connect to the receiver.My question is this: If I have a subwoofer that requires 2 connectors,then how can I hook it up to my receiver that only has 1 place to connect.The receiver has alot of places to connect different things,I'm just not sure if the sub-woofer will work if I connect it in any unused places. I'm finishing my Home Theater PC and wanted to get you guys input since I know very little about receivers.Thanks in advance.
The sub-woofer is a Pioneer SW-8
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100008225%2050001167%20600030003&IsNodeId=1&name=Pioneer

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

It's not as simple as that.My subwoofer has a left and right connector which equals 2 cables.My receiver has a sub-pre-out which requires 1 cable....so no matter how I do this,where do I plug the 2nd cable in?

You do not need the second cable.
The second connection is for use with a system that does not have a subwoofer output. If it really bothers you then get a Y connector that has one female RCA jack and two male RCA plugs. That will split the subwoofer out and feed it to both connections. You would also set the frequency control all the way up (this is handled in the receiver).