Subwoofer no sound

May 9, 2018
Hi all. I have a pioneer VXS -520 I'm trying to play with my teufel concept s + r theatre system. However, subwoofer is not putting out any sound but other speakers are playing just fine. When I connect the theatre system on its own without the receiver, all plays just fine. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks James

Solution
The sub out of the Pioneer is connected to one of the analog inputs on the subwoofer (aux or VCR)?
Did you set up the receiver so it knows you have a subwoofer? That's done in the speaker set up menu. All the other speakers should be connected to the receiver and set for small. There is a bass level control there. The main volume and bass level on the subwoofer also control how loud the sub will play. The listening mode on the sub may affect the sound too.
The sub out of the Pioneer is connected to one of the analog inputs on the subwoofer (aux or VCR)?
Did you set up the receiver so it knows you have a subwoofer? That's done in the speaker set up menu. All the other speakers should be connected to the receiver and set for small. There is a bass level control there. The main volume and bass level on the subwoofer also control how loud the sub will play. The listening mode on the sub may affect the sound too.

Solution