Solved! Subwoofer Not Working

Vintage1953

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
I am trying to connect a working NHT SA-1 power amp through my harmon/kardon AVR235 to power my NHT SW-1P passisve 10" subwoofer. I am unable to drive the (working ) subwoofer. I have another powered sub that works fine when connected to the h/k receiver. I'm totally stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
We know that the subwoofer itself works and that the HK line level sub out is on and working.
There is no amp inside the SA-1 for the satellites so when you connected it to test that did you hook it to the to the front speaker output of the HK?
If you connected it to the HK line level sub out then the sats shouldn't work.
If you used the speaker level out of the receiver then the sub amp itself may still be the problem. The sub amp doesn't drive the sats (the HK would).
The may be one or more fuses inside the NHT sub amp. It may also be blown.

Vintage1953

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply. The subwoofer speaker works when connected to a front speaker jack on the h/k receiver. The subwoofer amp drives my SuperOne speakers when connected to the subwoofer amps satellite jacks. But the amp doesn't drive the subwoofer cabinet. If I can't figure it out I will replace with a Martin Logan 700 or 1000.

We know that the subwoofer itself works and that the HK line level sub out is on and working.
There is no amp inside the SA-1 for the satellites so when you connected it to test that did you hook it to the to the front speaker output of the HK?
If you connected it to the HK line level sub out then the sats shouldn't work.
If you used the speaker level out of the receiver then the sub amp itself may still be the problem. The sub amp doesn't drive the sats (the HK would).
The may be one or more fuses inside the NHT sub amp. It may also be blown.

Solution

Vintage1953

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017

Vintage1953

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
Thanks for the information. I've decided to have a tech inspect the amp and sub to hopefully identify the culprit. It may be time for a new powered sub. I'm looking at the Martin Logan 700. I have a 7.2 system so will look to run two subs.