Subwoofer to Computer?

SneakyyBhop

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
I have a "Bic Acoustech PL-200 II" Subwoofer, and I need to connect it to my computer. I have a RCA to 3.5 mm cable that I thought would connect the subwoofer directly to the computer (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081SDKHI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01) I have no clue what I need to do to actually connect it to my computer

Solution
First check that your PC can be configured for 2.1
If it can then you will need a cable with a stereo 3.5mm plug at the PC end and 2 RCA plugs at the sub end. You will only use one of them since the other would be used for the center channel of a 5.1 setup. The cable you link to has a mono plug at the PC which might not work.
If you can't then you would need to split the lime green audio output and connect it to both the satellite speakers and the subwoofer.
First check that your PC can be configured for 2.1
If it can then you will need a cable with a stereo 3.5mm plug at the PC end and 2 RCA plugs at the sub end. You will only use one of them since the other would be used for the center channel of a 5.1 setup. The cable you link to has a mono plug at the PC which might not work.
If you can't then you would need to split the lime green audio output and connect it to both the satellite speakers and the subwoofer.

Solution

SneakyyBhop

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

How do I check if my PC can be configured for 2.1? and also where do I put the 3.5 mm side of the 2rca to 3.5 mm cable on my computer?