Subwoofers failing me at the worst time ever. During World cup!

Pritish Shakya

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
I have a subwoofer and it produces better sound than my tv's speakers. I use a samsung smart tv and a setup box. The problem, whenever the speakers are turned on, they are ear killing loud! No matter what I do (I even turned the knob behind the subwoofers, only to find out that it controls the bass). I don't want to hear more earrape, nor do I want to manually lower the volume while I close my ears with my right shoulder ad left hand EACH TIME I TURN THE DARN THING ON! But I also want to harness the sound quality those subwoofers provide. Also the world cup is going on so please hurry and give me solutions!

Most TVs have a fixed level output and assume that you will use the volume control on the speakers or receiver. If you don't have a volume control on the "setup box" or speakers you are stuck. If the TV has a headphone jack that will be controlled by the TV volume. Sometimes you have to select variable in the TV menu to get it working that way. Use that as your input.

Pritish Shakya

Commendable
Jun 2, 2016
I can control the woofer's volume but it always resets to high level volume whenever it is turned off. BTW sorry for not replying for a long while but no one answered me.